Quinoa Zucchini Patties
August 27th, 2012
Today I made these Quinoa Zucchini Patties. And I enjoyed this break from the norm.
You see, my diet while on Weight Watchers has been extremely routine. For me, eating the same dishes over and over again is safe. It means predictability. And that tends to means success.
The downside – especially for a food blogger – is that there is little room for experimentation.
I especially love to prepare seasonal recipes, but aside from salads, I’ve rarely strayed from my safe dishes.
But stepping out of that comfort zone, I wanted to make something seasonal, but very Weight Watchers friendly.
So I came up with this recipe. My husband and I really liked them!
Note: If you leave a comment (and I would greatly appreciate it if you do!) can you please include the url to your website – if you have one – within the comment box! I’ll get that field added soon. Promise!
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- ¾ cups uncooked quinoa (and water per package directions)
- ½ cup egg beaters
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- spaghetti sauce (for dipping)
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Mix together all ingredients (except spaghetti sauce).
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the frying pan and shape with spoon.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy on each side.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping or spreading.
Foodie Friends Friday
Mealtime Monday @ Couponing and Cooking
Melt in Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
My Meatless Mondays @ My Sweet and Savory
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays @ Blessed with Grace
Tasty Tuesday Party @ Naptime Creations
Totally Tasty Tuesdays @ Mandy’s Recipe Box
Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain
Frugal Food Thursday @ Frugal Follies
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helens Country Cottage
Food Trip Friday
Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club