December 20th, 2010
I do love Christmas. Who doesn’t right? However, this year I’m coming up a bit short on Christmas spirit. Not alot, just a little short. I felt I was much more excited about Halloween and Thanksgiving.
I’m doing everything right. I’ve decorated, I’ve baked, I’m watching Christmas movies.
However, I feel extremely disorganized and lost right now. I miss my family in the Midwest. I’m attempting a career change and the process is much more difficult than expected. The bank account is always a little light during the holidays. I’m carrying quite a bit of extra flab from my October and November baking bonanza. I can’t keep on top of the cleaning and cooking and my long to-do list.
I wish I had a life coach and possibly a housekeeper. And a better camera. Anyway, when things become too much this blog takes a backseat. And this is what happened the past week and a half.
But in these last five days before Christmas, I’m going to amp up the Christmas spirit! I’ve got a list of activities to help make up for my less than stellar attitude for myself and my family…
1. Watch Its a Wonderful Life, Love Actually, Holiday Inn, Unaccompanied Minors, Santa Clause (1984), The Santa Clause (Tim Allen) and Christmas in Connecticut.
2. Bake Hershey’s Oatmeal Blossoms, Chocolate Crinkle cookies, Reese’s Peanut butter Cup cookies and another batch of Chocolate Chip.
3. With my son build a gingerbread house, a Santa face with a cotton ball beard, decorate construction paper Christmas trees and write a letter to Santa and have my son put the Hershey’s Kiss in the blossom cookie.
4. Finish shopping.
5. Start wrapping early!
6. Drink lots of coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer!
7. Find my awesome Christmas Mixed CD I made 4 years ago.
Once Christmas is over, I’ll work on creating a better system to keep my life organized. Maybe its time for some self-help books on time management!!! That will be the focus of my New Year’s resolutions…