Easy Vegetarian Chicken & Dumplings
September 30th, 2010
Chicken and dumplings is a great fall and winter food. Its thick, hearty and delicious.
But to me, the thought of making homemade dumplings has always been a giant deterrent! That is until I came across this recipe on the All Recipes website which used refrigerated biscuit dough as the dumplings. Perfect! Brilliant! I never complain about a reduction in prep time or ingredients.
I will submitting this recipe to Recipe Swap Thursdays at Prairie Story, hosted by Alison. I love being involved in the swap! Especially now since many are posting lovely fall dishes and desserts!
- 1 package Worthington Chickett, cubed
- 10.75 oz can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 10.75 oz can 98% fat free cream of celery soup
- 1-2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 12 oz refrigerated biscuit dough
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat Chickett in broth or water over medium heat.
- Add soups, frozen veggies, salt and pepper.
- Pull biscuit dough into small pieces and add to soup. Be sure not to over stir the dough may come apart.
- Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the dough is cooked through.