Red Robin Whisky River BBQ Burger
July 13th, 2010
I, unfortunately, do not live near a Red Robin. Red Robin is a great establishment for vegetarians. Any burger on the menu can be substituted for a Gardenburger. And their burger options are ”insanely delicious” - as are there bottomless fries!
About a month ago, we went to a Red Robin while we were out of town and we both had a Red Robin Whisky River BBQ Gardenburger. Wow! We were impressed. It consisted of a BBQ sauce soaked Gardenburger, melted cheese and crispy onion fries!
Since we couldn’t wait until our next out of town trip, I decided I must recreate this delight at home. Its very simple to make, but a nice change from your standard veggie burger.
I have prepared this for my mother-in-law and brother-in-law, neither of which are vegetarian, and they both thought it was awesome!
- BBQ sauce
- Frozen veggie burger
- Hamburger bun
- French fried onions (like the green bean casserole topping)
- Sliced cheese of your choice
- Heat veggie burgers in the microwave per package directions.
- Lightly grease a skillet, and heat veggie burgers on medium-low heat for several minutes.
- Reduce heat and pour a generous amount of BBQ sauce over burgers, making sure to cover the top surface of the burger.
- Flip burgers and place a slice of cheese on each burger. Cover with a large pan lid to allow cheese to melt quickly.
- Once cheese has melted, place veggie burger with cheese on a bun. Top entire surface with french fried onions and pour a bit more BBQ sauce over onion.
- Add lettuce, tomato and mayo if desired. Top with bun top.