Green Bean “Hamburger” Pie
September 17th, 2010
I just love this dish. I feel like throwing on an apron and a pair of heels each time I make it.
Its so simple and so retro. All you need is a package of fake ground beef, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, shredded cheese and prepared instant mashed potatoes.
Unleash your inner 50′s housewife and whip up this easy casserole dish!
- 1 package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Crumbles, thawed
- ½ can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- ½ can tomato soup
- 2 cans green beans, drained
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Onion powder to taste
- Prepare both pouches of instant mashed potatoes per package directions (be sure to double the ingredients to accommodate two pouches).
- In a 9×13 casserole dish, mix together Crumbles, green beans, and onion powder.
- Form a ring of prepared mashed potatoes around the edge of the casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes.