August 3rd, 2010
So when you decided to become a vegetarian, I know you must have thought, “oh no, I’ll never be able to have meatloaf again!”
Whether you really loved meatloaf or you never liked it in the first place, you will like this vegetarian meatloaf.
Easy to prepare
Holds together like a real meatloaf
Can top with a number of sauces for a completely different dish
Low in carbs and Weight Watchers Points
Ok, so maybe meatloaf seems like a dated dish. You may never see anybody preparing it on Top Chef. But this oldie is still a goodie – and I’m an old-fashioned gal, anyway!
Accompany the meatloaf with ketchup, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, steak sauce or vegetarian mushroom gravy. I used steak sauce in the photo. Yummy!
- 2 packages Morningstar Recipe Starters Grillers Crumbles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 slice wheat bread, torn into pieces
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
- To taste onion powder
- To taste Italian seasoning
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix together more ketchup and barbeque sauce in equal parts (optional) and spread on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 20 minutes.