September 6th, 2012
Now that football season is in full swing, you will likely find less Weight Watcher-friendly recipes on this website.
That is not to say I’m quitting the program.
I am still on Weight Watchers and probably will be for life!
However, one secret to my success on Weight Watchers both this time and the first time is that I treated myself twice a week. So two meals out of the week, I do not track or concern myself with points values. BUT (and this is a big BUT) I did not over-indulge. I eat proper portion sizes and I do not have seconds. Doing so has helped me from feeling deprived.
So now that football season is here, I will reserve my two meals to Saturday and Sunday game time meals!
I always make a fabulous meal that usually includes a main dish, a side dish and dessert. I will have my two meals. My husband and son will eat the dishes all weekend long. And whatever dessert doesn’t get eaten, goes to my mother-in-law’s housre or to the kitchen at work!
This past weekend, I experimented with a tortellini salad.
My original plan was to use an Italian dressing, but it was very bland. So I rinsed of the salad in a colander and tested out two other dressings.
It seems a stronger, more flavorful dressing was necessary in order to call this one a success!
- 2 packages cheese filled tortellini
- 1 small can of sliced olives
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- Dressing of your choice (Caesar, Caesar Vinaigrette, Creamy Balsamic are some recommendations
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions, rinse with cold water.
- Chill tortellini either by placing in refrigerator for an hour or immersing the colander of tortellini in a large bowl filled with ice water.
- Once chilled, combine remaining ingredients.
I will be submitting this recipe to the following fabulous food events:
Foodie Friends Friday
Mealtime Monday @ Couponing and Cooking
Melt in Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
My Meatless Mondays @ My Sweet and Savory
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays @ Blessed with Grace
Tasty Tuesday Party @ Naptime Creations
Totally Tasty Tuesdays @ Mandy’s Recipe Box
Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain
Frugal Food Thursday @ Frugal Follies
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helens Country Cottage
Food Trip Friday
Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club